Required Qualifications, Experience and Skills:
- Qualified in the law of England and Wales (or other common law jurisdiction) with at least 6 years PQE. (PQE is given as a guide only, this will not be a determining factor of suitability and applicants of other levels of PQE may apply.)
- Must have held a position within an in-house company function.
- Excellent academics.
- London based and eligible to work in the UK.
- Transparent, clear and concise communicator (both orally and written) – ability to present and distil legally complex issues into legally compliant but practical and commercial solutions, in a way that is accessible to those from varied educational and professional backgrounds.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills applied to legal, business and operational issues. Business oriented, quick to understand and analyse new business and technology.
- An ability to ‘think outside the box’ is essential – recognising how decisions may impact other areas of our clients’ businesses and revenue streams.
- Demonstrable experience in advising on multi-jurisdictional commercial and corporate matters, as well as compliance, best practice corporate governance and regulatory matters and drafting ancillary legal documentation related thereto.
- Experience in drafting, negotiating and reviewing commercial agreements including but not limited to large scale strategic partnerships, vendor agreements, MSA’s, and core technology agreements – including contracts relating to applications, software licensing, network infrastructure and connectivity, platforms and enterprise systems, software development and licensing agreements, technology services agreements, service level agreements, terms and conditions.
- A strong understanding of employment law and regulations across Europe and North America as well as demonstrable experience drafting, negotiating and reviewing employment law contracts, handbooks and policies, including but not limited to health and safety procedures.
- Sophisticated understanding of and proficiency in core international intellectual property protection strategies and licensing.
- Savvy with respect to identifying legal and business risks, and mitigating them.
- Working knowledge of the General Data Protection Regulation, Data Protection Act 2018 and the E-Privacy Regulation, California Consumer Protection Act, and experience of managing contractual obligations and compliance with the same, such as identifying data privacy risks, understanding data privacy impact assessments, and implementing compliance procedures.
- Exposure to due diligence and corporate transactions related to raising investment.
- Commitment to continually improving and updating knowledge base, standard form agreements, templates and legal processes.
Assist in developing training materials and providing training to our clients on relevant legal topics and best practices.
- Identifying the need for specialist external legal advice and exercising appropriate cost management and control with all external partners.
We’d love to meet someone with the ability to…
- Build professional relationships of trust upon a foundation of empathy, curiosity and enthusiasm.
- Act as a trusted advisor in order to deliver high quality and pragmatic legal advice in an efficient manner.
- Manage time judiciously and deal effectively with competing interests.
- Multi-task in a manner that moves multiple high-priority projects forward simultaneously.
- Pay excellent attention to detail: this role requires focus and energy to ensure that excellent company standards are maintained at all times.
- Bring a positive, “can do” attitude to the workplace and work collaboratively.
And who is…
- A well-rounded, resilient personality, with an adaptable hands-on attitude, and with strong interpersonal and consultative skills.
- Extremely professional, calm under pressure, clear thinking, well organized, proactive and grasps concepts quickly.
- A lawyer who is interested in moving away from traditional law or in-house roles.
Highly Desirable Experience and Skills:
- Demonstrable experience of working in an international legal environment, and in particular with respect to the U.S.
- Business fluency in other European languages.
- Excellent IT skills, and an early adopter of new technologies generally.
What You Will Get In Return:
- This position reports to the COO and there is an opportunity to supervise and work closely with more junior members of our team.
- There is a highly attractive package (base salary, plus bonus, plus benefits) on offer, as well as flexibility to accommodate and enhance lifestyle.
- Benefits include 25 days’ annual leave and private medical insurance. Ours is a vibrant, inclusive, supportive environment full of opportunities to progress with a team-based approach where everybody feels 100% committed and happy to roll up their sleeves.
- Opportunities to progress in your career.
- A high degree of trust and autonomy whilst being part of a cohesive team.
- Excellent company culture which is values driven – the team is helpful, friendly, fun, considerate, open-minded, and dedicated.
- Excellent Central London office location with great transport links; flexibility to work remotely with the understanding that travel to the office fosters a collaborative approach.
If Motion Paradox sounds interesting to you, please send your CV and a brief outline of why you’d like to join Motion Paradox to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are committed to fostering an inclusive environment, both inside and outside of our walls, that values equality and diversity – where everyone can contribute at the highest level and have their voices heard. For us, this means hiring and developing the best people across all races, ethnicities, religions, age groups, sexual orientations and gender identities. We actively discourage any photos, personal letters or disclosure of any details that concerns information other than your professional experience.
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, please contact us at email@example.com.